Fortunately, there are two resolution methods that can be used quickly and easily when Error Code 0x80072efe arises on your Windows computer.
Here are the best ways to resolve Error Code 0x80072efe on your computer:
Method 1: Check Your Time and Date Settings for Accuracy
If your time or date has been set incorrectly, it can make your system logs appear to have incorrect information, which can lead to the appearance of Error Code 0x80072efe. Because this is the easiest thing to fix if it is indeed the problem that is making the error code appear, this should always be the first thing that you try when this error code arises.
In order to check your time and date settings, follow these simple steps:
* Step 1: Make sure that you are logged into your computer as an administrator.
* Step 2: Click on the time and date listing on the lower right edge of your screen. If the settings are not correct, choose the option to change the time and date.
If method one has not successfully resolved Error Code 0x80072efe, you may need to attempt method two.
Method 2: Check Your Firewall Settings During Updates
In some cases, your firewall can prevent your machine from accessing the information that it needs in order for the installation or update to go through correctly. If that is the case, you can follow a few simple steps to turn off your firewall, just while you install the update, and then turn it back on.
In order to do so, follow these steps:
* Step 1: In the Start menu, choose the option to open the Control Panel.
* Step 2: Select the option for System and Security, looking for and clicking on Windows Firewall.
* Step 3: Turn off any private network firewalls.
* Step 4: Reboot your computer to apply the changes that you have made.
* Step 5: Re-attempt to run your Windows Update.
Note that if this method allows you to successfully bypass the error code, you’ll need to make sure to turn the firewall back on when you are finished. Even though it can interfere with the Update process, your firewall is still very important to your computer.
Do you still need help? Please contact our Live support chat at http://softwarelicense4u.com
We are available between 10:00 and 16:00 GMT+1 (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)